Monday 8 February 2010

Victoria Cake

Freshly baked from oven!
Cooled and spread with Blackcurrent jam without cream. I dislike very rich cake!

A classic Victoria sponge cake, anyone?
I didn't sprinkle icing sugar on top because I didn't like my cake too sweet!


Mmmm...smell of baking cake is so great and this motivate me to try more recipes (finger-cross)
I researched baking cakes recipes and tips from internet but have faith with Delia Smith Easy Cookbook.
Preparation time 15 minutes, baking time 35 minutes for 8 inches tin at 170C fan oven.

I would give 7/10 in term of taste and texture and no presentation :-)
The edge is a bit crunchy and dried, probably too much oil for the sandwich tin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tai Tai in the house ! :D

Chris said...

Likewise there is a saying "THE WAY TO A MAN'S HEART IS THROUGH HIS STOMACH" :-)

I really enjoy baking and cooking at the moment...hope we won't gain lots of weight by summer then!

Unknown said...

I want I want!! :p Hey SF, what's ur gmail address?

Chris said...

AL,

You're most welcome to have the muffins and cakes (sending via internet to you) :-)