Saturday 12 February 2011

Labour?

Statistically proven only 5% expectant mum-to-be laboured on their estimated due date. Unfortunately I am not one of those figure. No sign of show or labour yet, therefore finger-crossed the long awaiting moment be here soon. I feel the baby head is lower (3/5) and in the right position for labour rather than his/her back is tilted on my right hand side. Probably, its run in my family, my sisters' first babies were overdued between 5-12 days.

I should try increasing oxytocin level to induce labour naturally....eating fresh pineapple, stimulating nipples, having sex, etc.??? Mid-wife appoinment Thursday, 17th February; then if nothing happen yet, she will book me in for hospital induction latest by 23rd February as full term pregnancy can't stretch beyond 42 weeks. Please wish me luck and smooth labour hopefully!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best Chris..hopefully everything soon soon lei lei...keep us posted

sleepiekoala said...

good luck to you!!

Chris said...

Thank you Lynn and Ai Leng for your well wishes!
Yes, we are very anxious and hopefully Tuesday goes well.

Chris said...

My hospital post term labour induction is 40 weeks + 10 days. Booked for hospital induce Tuesday, 22nd February @8am.

Overall I'm well and bump growing bigger past two weeks :-)